Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Do You See White

The garden flowers are slowly finishing their bloom for the season.  But, the White Garden is being a "SHOW OFF".   There have been five beautiful White Gladiolas and more to open.







The Gardenias are still still blooming and there are many more buds to open. By the way, it is  miniature type Gardenia and it looks very delicate for a Gardenia.


The Hibiscus, Rose of Sharon bush is loaded with buds and has bloomed more than any other year. Probably because the bush is getting more sunlight this year.


The Crepe Myrtle tree at the corner of the White Garden is blooming beautifully .  Sometimes it is hard to believe that the plant was a one-gallon size plant when I planted it years ago.  Where did the time go?



                                                                                                          And, there are three White Oleander bushes that were planted last fall and they have grown well and are blooming for the first time.  They are planted on the outside of the fence at the corner.  They actually are planted at the end of the border of Red Oleanders.

Oh, and the Clematis - Sweet Autumn that is draping down the fence is just about to bloom.  It starts at the corner of the White Garden where the new Oleander plants were planted. The below photo is what it looked like last year.  These photos are taken from the neighbors side of the fence. But, it blooms on both sides of the fence.



Magnificent?
And, the Bees love the flowers


The garden has been so very different this year.  Granted, it is different each year dependent on weather conditions. There are a few plants that did not make it through the late freeze, like all of the ground cover !!!  I really miss the ground cover that I had nursed along for years from a small patch by harvesting the seed each year!  

There have been next to no unwanted insects which has been nice.  No snails - nothing.  There still are a lot of medium sized lizards scampering around when they feel the vibrations of my feet!  Maybe, they have been my helpers this year keeping the harmful insects under control.  

Time to do some more hand watering.  Yes, I use a lot of water for my garden.  But, since I live alone I can closely monitor my water usage for laundry, dishwasher and showering which allows me to use the water for the garden. 

California drought is no joke!!!  Nor is the World Climate Change!!!



Look who snuggled and squeezed into my chair where I am sitting while I am completing this post. Chin on the chair arm! Believe me, it's "very close quarters" . She loves me like I never thought she would when she would hiss and bite at me - four years ago!!!

Mary

5 comments:

  1. I haven't seen a white hibiscus before. You certainly have the gardening touch dear friend Mary. We are also being very careful with watering our small gardens down here. Each drop has a purpose. Keep those garden pictures coming!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, There are only a couple all white varieties of hibiscus. This one is called Diana Rose of Sharon.

      Delete
  2. You have some beautiful flowers. I am trying hard to get my glads to bloom. I water every other day and they are just now starting to set buds. You white one is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Like I say - the garden can be so different from year to year. Hope the Gladiolas surprise you.

      Delete
  3. Droughts really cause great damage to gardens; this has been a really hot summer everywhere but too little or too much water has caused even more problems. Your flowers are beautiful and with a little luck hopefully next year will be better.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009