Tuesday, August 2, 2022

What's That I Hear

After finishing my morning garden watering I was sitting on one of my designated "sitting chairs" and was enjoying the sights of my garden when I saw a slight movement and heard something way across the street coming down the long driveway that is covered with a lot of trees, bushes and foliage.

I rushed into the house to get my camera.  When I returned, two deer (mama and a little one) had already come down the driveway and were on "high alert" as they slowly walked behind a garage and into another neighbors long driveway!

This driveway is directly across from my driveway. Out of four quickly taken photos, two turned out OK. 


The beautiful creatures continued on their walk behind houses and toward town which is only a short distance away . I'm quite sure that they took a different route away from Main Street! 

I love where I live!!!  No bears or lions,  but they are not very far away . Maybe seven miles away .  I have seen many videos from home surveillance cameras posted on websites of neighboring areas. 


Throughout the years living here I have seen many skunks, racoons, opossums and foxes.  But, there seem to be fewer as the population and number of homes have increased . Or maybe I have been going to bed earlier (but I don't think so) and don't see the nocturnal visitors !

A memory I always remember is while looking out my living room window with a flashlight I could see a whole family of a Mama Skunk and Eight Little Babies coming out from a burrow under a huge boulder which surround my property.                                  They were so cute !  

                                                        (google image)
And, then there was the time my little dog got sprayed the first week I lived here!!!  Without a doubt, that was a Smelly Event !

Yes, I love living here and I really have a lot of stories (like the Alligator Lizard) of living here as a country girl - or maybe a little old lady!

Stay alert .  You may see a pretty Butterfly!

Mary

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet dear family! We have mule deer in the nature reserve which is adjacent to our home. A few years ago, I saw a huge stag wandering up and down the bank behind our house. He was magnificent!

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009