Thursday, April 21, 2016

Ladies And Gentlemen


Announcing that my GE Profile Range has a proper heating oven! I replaced the oven temperature sensor that looks like this
And, this is where I removed the fastening screw inside the back of the oven. It was a difficult location for me to reach. I felt like I was crawling into the oven!  What! - Hansel and Gretel!!! Check it out!
And, this is where the other end of the sensor comes out the back of the oven and is fastened to the connector that will provide electrical current when the power to the range is turned back on at the circuit breaker. Do you see the brown area on the wire coming directly from the oven above the white connector. It looked like it had overheated. This is not uncommon when the oven is not heating properly.
Now, the back of the oven was put back together.


Later in the evening I baked a small pizza - to perfection! I am so very happy. The broiler as well as the convection feature works well also. It took me a lot of time, but, so far so worth it. Twenty one dollars for the price of the part and shipping. Can you imagine what a great savings of money!

 The new microwave oven still has to be installed. Way, way to heavy for me to take care of.

The car has a new battery and that is great. However, the labor charges were more than I expected but the shop is close to me and I could walk to and fro as need be. I must admit the shop is quite high-end as auto repair shops go. But, come on now - $115 per hour! Yes, I realize the battery is housed in the left wheel-well below the engine compartment. It so happens that the last battery was only a little over two years old which means that I did get some reimbursement on the warranty. They tell me that the car needs to be driven more to keep the battery charged. I admit that I have not driven much in the last year and before that MSM always drove his car when we went out and about.

Last time when the battery was "giving me fits" I was able to take it to a auto shop that also is here in town that has been here for over thirty years and the owner is like a friend to all. He has a simple shop and does not have all the fancy computers for servicing the newer cars. But, for a battery service and oil changes he is great. He only charged me $15.00 for labor and gave me a lot of time explaining and diagnosing the problem to insure that there wasn't something else causing the problem.

I am thankful that it is all taken care of and the auto shop really did take good care of me and my car. So, anyway, I guess I need to "hit the road" more often and "get out more" as the tow-truck driver told me as well as the auto shop!

This morning I tested the oven features again and everything looks A-OK. Hopefully, it will continue to give me good service. I am looking forward to doing some baking. Cookies, muffins, cakes. Just about anything sounds good!

New toothbrush arrived and works great!  Pricey even with comparative shopping and free shipping. But, dental health is important and I have been fortunate not to need any extensive dental work in my life.

Home maintenance updates to continue in future, as well as, garden update.  I, also, have a "get out and about" idea for the weekend.

Wishing all a lovely bright and sunny day.

Mary

2 comments:

  1. Dearet Mary, I thank you for your most lovely kind words. And your dear visit meant so much to near from you. I realize that I have some followers that read my blog but are quite in doing so which is totally fine by me. It is nice to know that you have been there for some time I truly appreacite it and I'm glad that you find some interest in it. I hope that you continue to visit and speak when you feel. Glad you got things fixed hope to bet my car fixed again. Have a wonderful evening and a most lovely weekend. Much love Janice : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos to a fantastic repair job and SO GLAD to hear your oven now works to perfection!! Yes, isn't it crazy just how expensive things are nowadays?? This is a problem for so many of us these days, and forces people to either do without, or take chances with things they really shouldn't be.... Glad you're getting some stuff in order and moving forward with such courage and determination. Hard to do without much outside help, and I admire you for that very much!

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009