Friday, April 29, 2016

Yummy Lunch

On a chilly windy day a Baked Potato with butter, light sour cream ( I'm laughing at how much good is light going to do) and home grown chives is very nice and tastes great. Add some cherry tomatoes and home grown Italian Parsley. And, you'll be all set.
I sure wish I had enough sun (somewhere ~ anywhere) on my property so I could have a vegetable garden. I have a really nice 4 by 8 foot raised garden bed, but since the trees (oaks, cedar and pine) have grown so large and tall the beds are now in the shade. That's a lot of tree canopy!
Tree removal is very expensive plus there probably would be a bit of an uproar about tree removal. However, I will soon have to address a tree issue at my driveway. The tree roots have invaded so much that portions of the cement have raised 6 inches and continue to cause cracking of the cement driveway. Home ownership can be "a little pricey"! Home equity loan may be something I will have to research.

In closing. Look at these lovelies that live in my living room window. They have been bringing me so much enjoyment.
My goodness how did the end of the week get here so soon? I hope you have something nice planned.

Blessings, Mary

1 comment:

  1. You sure do know how to make a lunch plate look delicious, Mary!! Still windy and chilly here in the northeast. Hard to believe that today is May 1st!! Hardly feels like it at all. :( Your living room lovelies are beautiful to behold! Gosh, your trees sure have grown.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009