Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Walk With Me

Every single morning I can hardly wait to go outside and check the garden for everything that looks new since the day before. So much is growing so quickly. And, I am enjoying each and every moment. The White Garden is starting to burst forth with lovely healthy freshness. The Vanhouttei Spirea, a vigorous bloomer on the left has been blooming for weeks already. The white Iris popped two days ago and the Gourmet Popcorn delicate Rose bush in the front is loaded, really loaded with healthy buds. 

This little area of my garden is really responding to all the attention that it has been receiving. The addition of about 8 cubic feet of mulch and garden soil has helped tremendously! There are so many interesting plants yet to bloom. It is quite a nice list: 'Belle Etiole' Mock Orange,   'The Bride' White Gaura,   Star Jasmine,   'Diana' Hibiscus (Rose of Sharon),   Camellia,   Phlox,   'Joan Senoir' Day Lilies,   'Carpet of Snow' Sweet Asylum,   Jupiter's Beard (Red Valerian),   'Double White' Peony,   'Autumn' Clematis,   'White Alva' Dahlia,   Cyclamen,   Hydrangea,  'White Holly' Penstemon,   'Radicans' Gardenia,   Chrysanthemums,   Snapdragon,   Stock,   'John E Kennedy' Rose,   Sweet Peas,   'White Zephyr' Fairy Lily,   Geranium,   Lamb's Ear,   Pansy,   Azalea,   'White Dawn' Climbing Rose and many different bulbs including Asiatic and Oriental Lilies. Wow, that is quite a list. With more rainfall this year I hope their health and garden performance will improve from the most recent years.
Iris

 Snapdragon

Lamb's Ear

Chive Blossoms

 First Rose of The Season (named Signature)

And, now a little closing photo of precious Lily on a day when she was doing a little outdoor lazy supervising! I will always love her so very much. It is almost two months since she had to leave me. A teardrop just fell!
Happiness to each and everyone of you.

Mary

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed the tour of your lovely yard. I think it is great you are still able to have snapdragons and pansies this time of year. Down south it has been so warm this spring that my snaps and pansies are already fading. Time for petunias!

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009