Friday, May 20, 2016

Perseverance

I guess I must have misunderstood (when I was feeling so sick) about the graduation activities for my Granddaughter. There are two days filled with events. Today, the individual colleges had presentations and tomorrow there will be a University Commencement Ceremony.  She will not be attending tomorrow's event.
I am so glad to have a photo of her (far right) in her Cap and Gown.
I called today's post PERSEVERANCE because she has accomplished so much. And, she expressed her feelings on Facebook better than I can. She wrote, "This day has been anticipated for the last 6 years when I moved to pursue higher education. Life took me on another journey midway: motherhood. Through my drive and my family's motivation I stayed in school. It might have taken me longer than most, but I've accomplished so much already. I hope that I'm an inspiration for my children that you can do anything you set your mind to no matter what happens in life. I'm thankful for my family's love and support to finish what I came here to do."

I am a very proud Grandma. And, she is my favorite Grandchild - - - She is my only Grandchild. I love telling her that she is my favorite!

Wishing you a Splendid Weekend.

Mary

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009