Saturday, May 7, 2016

Who Doesn't Like To Receive A Package


It is very seldom that I ever consider ordering plants through the mail. Occasionally, I have a weakness.

What a pleasant surprise to find plants in excellent condition and superb packaging.

Now, I have to wait for the rains to stop so I can do some planting. We have had quite a lot of rain, like every other day or so. The roses are falling because the flowers fill with water and the weight pulls them down. I am continually amazed at how the garden is bursting with foliage and flowers. It is like I moved to a different location.

We still need the rain even though we seem to be getting a pretty good snow pack.


I hope my new plants thrive and produce nicely.
WOW. What's it called?
 Up close, it sure looks amazing!


This is Gomphrena 'Fireworks'
What do you think?


Is this a real flower? Yes, it sure is. This is the first Rock Rose flower to open on the patio. It almost looks like a tissue paper flower like I made as a little girl.


Today I am linking up to PINK SATURDAY with my pink flowers. Take a look at all the links!

Beverly's PINK SATURDAY

Where do the days go? It is already another weekend. Hope you have a good one.

Mary

2 comments:

  1. Have lots of flowers, but never ordered. The ones you shared are very pretty. Wish I had some one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your planting this year, especially with all the rain you're getting now to make everything grow and flourish so wonderfully!! Love how pretty and delicate the Rock Rose flower is, and that Gomphrena Fireworks is really amazing!

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009