Saturday, September 10, 2016

Let's Do Some Cooking

Aren't these lovely looking figs that I just picked today from my tree. By the way, they are very sweet. I also clipped some fresh oregano from my garden. So, now I'm all set to make the Chicken and Roasted Figs that I mentioned a couple days ago.



The sauce is made with "good quality" red wine vinegar, cornstarch, honey, shallots, garlic and oregano. The figs get nicely caramelized with the garlic-honey sauce during a few minutes of baking in the oven at the end of preparation.


I would say that the recipe was a nice success and I look forward to making it again next year when I have fresh figs again. In the next few days I hope to bake the Almond and Fig Cake.

Happy Weekend.

Mary

1 comment:

  1. Wow, i have never seen figs done this way. I used to have several fig trees. I could get a bowl a day but grandmaw said It takes a whole lot to make anything so I never tempted. I thinks it was just her way of telling me to just give the pickings to her instead. Hahaha.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009