Sunday, October 23, 2016

Ten Out OF Fourteen Blooming

Not bad for bedraggled almost dead purple chrysanthemums! Yes, much to my delight all fourteen transplants are alive and well even though four have not started to bloom as of yet.
 It is such a pretty color and especially next to the yellow flowers.
I just realized that both sides of the pathway will be bordered with both yellow and purple flowers and that's OK with me. My design plans many times just evolve based on what is available and what "catches my eye". Seldom is there a plan that can't be revised as I go along.

Even with last weekends heavy rain the yellow chrysanthemum blooms have weathered through quite well. More rain is expected Tuesday and Thursday. At this point only showers are forecast.
The day after I planted the Naked Ladies bulbs I was reading about squirrels "raiding the garden" of precious plantings of bulbs. And, wouldn't you know it that the next day I had lots of holes and bulbs hither and yon. So, I replanted and covered with weighted netting. So far so good.

WHO?  ME?
Now, this is an idea that I have never seen. You can use plastic spoons. Allegedly, it works to keep your garden gaurded!

Have a Good Day.

Mary

1 comment:

  1. I think the fork idea is a good one. I've never heard of it before either but looks like good plan.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009