Sunday, March 19, 2017

A Little Grey Poupon Mustard Please



There was no way I was going to let St Patrick's Day slip away without making Corned Beef and Cabbage.  The thought of Reuben Sandwiches and Corned Beef Patties added to my enthusiasm to get into the kitchen and make it happen. The corned beef turned out nicely with great flavor and tenderness.

Yesterday was also our Annual St. Patrick's Day Festival. These are just a few photos from the newspaper. The weather was perfect and the crowds were huge. In the thousands, honestly, be sure and look at the last photo. I did not go this year even though I only have to walk about two blocks and I would be there. My mobility and endurance isn't what I would like it to be or what it has been in the past.

















Besides all the activities with the Parade, Craft and Food Booths and Music Venues the town was also hosting the Annual Mother Lode Spring Daffodil Show at Ironstone Vineyards which is one mile from my house. It is a fabulous show. And the country road leading to the show is flooded with growing daffodils on both sides of the road.



I hope your weekend is enjoyable. I am very grateful for the sunshine.

Mary

2 comments:

  1. What a big celebration. I've never tried corned beef.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that sure does look like a huge turnout for the parade and all. Truth be told, I'd much rather attend the daffodil show any day!! We had corned beef, too! Everyone in my family is fan of corned beef. :) Not so much the cabbage! Your meal looks like it turned out absolutely delicious. I cook mine in the crockpot!

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009