Wednesday, March 8, 2017

More Vacation Memories Of California Coast

This is a continuation of my post Vacation Memories.

This is a nice photo of The Wharf that shows its relationship to the "colorful motel" and surrounding area. We walked all around the area and to the end of the wharf. We considered going to dinner the first evening at the Wharf House at the end of the wharf but changed our minds after reading reviews and taking into consideration the walk to the end and back at night time. So, of course, we had to check it out in the daytime.
And, here we are at the Wharf House.
I guess I would say that it is pretty typical of an "end of the wharf" restaurant. It reminds me of the Crab Shack at the end of Santa Cruz wharf which is just up the coast a bit.
Now, we have many photos of the sights around and from the wharf. 
 Meet me on Sunday!
Don't miss the sign on the boat!
 Let's play volley ball   - Misty Mae and Kerri Walsh?
                                      (Olympic Stars)
 The weather was overcast in the mornings but transformed beautifully to sunshine.
The surfers were having a great time and there were lots of them but not in this picture.
Beautiful Homes! Love the purple accents.

After walking all around the area, it was time to find a place to eat lunch.  So, we walked back to The Esplanade and decided on the Paradise Beach Grille after poking our noses into several doorways.
 From our seats we had a view of the area that we had been walking around. Isn't it pretty?
 And, the Tomato-Carrot Bisque Soup was sooooo good.

 Look at these scrumptious Fish Tacos.
 The food was great and restaurant was nicely appointed with flowers and art work.
The Esplanade with lots of outdoor seating and beautiful views.
Next time - The Shadowbrook Restaurant and the communities of Soquel and Aptos.

Such a beautiful area in California.  And, the seafood is so Fresh and Flavorful.  

Hope you enjoyed visiting with me.  

Mary

6 comments:

  1. Lovely photo Mary. California has so many wonderful things to offer. Love the beach photos and the food looks pretty delicious. I am loving our spring weather. We worked in our gardens yesterday and today my muscles are sore. Happy Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paradise Beach Grill!!! That is the place Steve and I had lunch when we visited that wonderful beach town. We stayed in Santa Cruz at a lovely B&B not far from the famous pier. Your lovely photos brought back some wonderful memories of that trip. Is your dear town getting ready for St Patrick's Day festivities?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fortunate you were able to enjoy such a lovely visit to Italy! Some of these are pictures I can only dream about seeing, but how wonderful you saw them in person and have such special memories of that time! My paternal great grandparents and grandparents sailed over to America in the early 1900's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kimberly Marie, thanks for your comment and all the other comments you take the time to leave. Just wanted to note that this post is about California, not Italy! I wish I had been able to go to Italy years ago but it wasn't meant to be. - Mary

      Delete
  4. The photos are beautiful! I would love to visit Italy!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. This is California - not Italy. We are very blessed to have the beautiful coastline communities right here in California about 4 to 5 hours south from my home in the mountains. Have a great day. - Mary

      Delete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009