Friday, October 26, 2018

It Just Takes An Instant

And, life as we know it can change in ways we can't imagine .  And, that is what happened to a woman I have known from the days when I was an active member at the church across the street from where I live .  We both were in the knitting/crocheting group making Prayer Shawls for people experiencing a life challenge .

Monday afternoon a neighboring manufactured home caught fire (cause unknown) and in rapid time the fire engulfed her manufactured home and little farm of goats, llamas, chickens, dogs and cats .  This person who has a "huge heart" has had many challenges in her life (too many to recount) and it was just two year ago that she was able to buy the little one acre farm out in the rural area .  She has an adopted son who she adopted as an infant and has nurtured him through all the issues of being a special needs child even though he was not expected to live .  And, he is doing well!
She and her young son are now homeless !  And no longer can derive income from the farm .  Spinning beautiful yarns (for sale) from her llamas was one of her many income producing activities .
Fortunately, the church and community are sheltering her with love, support and assistance in rebuilding her home/farm and life.  But, nonetheless,  this is such a horrifying event in her life .
-What a tender loving photo of her nurturing a goat -

With all the atrocious global and at home events which seem to be increasing in severity and magnitude it is so important to look out for one another and help where we can .  There is a Go Fund Me Account - Rebuilding the Rosenhart Farm - to provide some additional support to help her "get on her feet" .  I wasn't going to post the Go Fund Me info and then I thought, "why not" .

It is a gorgeous day here in the California Foothills .  Give a hug to someone, today - OK .

Mary

1 comment:

  1. Oh, gosh, that's just awful! I'm so glad to know she has many people rallying around her to help rebuild her life as best as they can.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009