Sunday, November 18, 2018

Cactus Blooming And A Little More

It is that time of year again . The cactus have started to bloom.  I would say Christmas Cactus but that would not be totally accurate because I have seen blooms on my plants at various times of the year .  But, whatever time of year I always get a little excited.
I know these two photos look like the same color flower .  However, the first photo is a salmon color and the other photo is a red color flower.
One of my potted cactus has four colors planted together which include pink, white, salmon and red.  It is just starting to show a little color .

There is not a lot happening in my garden or my life for that matter.  Lots of things that need to be taken care of but difficulty finding the motivation and I must monitor my activity based on what is best for me in relation to what is the best level of physical activity without causing an unwanted pain level .  I really dislike feeling so restricted !

But, I did take a little walk around the garden before going out to do a few errands .  This hardy White Chrysanthemum turns to a bi color with a lavender ring around the outside circumference after it has been open for a few weeks.  It was a nice surprise because I thought it was going to be all white.
And, here is another White Chrysanthemum with a little different shape and variety .
What a nice surprise to see the Flowering Cabbage opening to show the beautiful colors and pattern formation !
We are so blessed to have clear blue skies in this part of California.  But not to far from here schools and colleges have been closed due to the toxicity of the smoke .  Many aspects of life as we have known it in California have been severely altered .
Happy New Week .  Whatever your current weather conditions and life circumstances, I wish you a Beautiful Day with what is in your Heart !

Mary 

1 comment:

  1. The cactus roses look lovely. They always remind me of the old movie "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance" with Jimmy Stewart, Vera Miles, John Wayne and Lee Marvin. I have always wanted to plant decorative cabbage-now I just might have to do that based on how nice yours look.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009