Friday, November 30, 2018

The Sun Is Shining Today

Following two heavy rain storms with some fierce winds and snow at the higher elevations.  Another storm is on its way for tomorrow.  It is so good to get some rain which is needed badly .  But, the mudslides and flooding of the California wildfire lands is so devastating following the horrific trauma of so many losing their homes and many lives .
The outreach of help from throughout the state and further is remarkable and so important. 
On Tuesday, Ivy finally saw her Vet following my rescheduling of her appointment from the previous Wednesday.  Everything checked out great and the recommendation for hairball control was for me to continue with my revised type of food.  She received her vaccinations and had her nails clipped.  And, she was a Very Good Kitty Cat .   No photos today .  She sleeps a lot .

This past week Ivy has showed me that she can hunt out any location she wants in the house . It happens at night and usually involves food.  She is very curious and has a very soft touch as she sometimes glides from one surface to another.  Her last night adventure has totally amazed me .  She managed to push a small bag of cat food to the floor off of a very high shelf .  And, she was chewing on the bag .  You could think that I never Feed her !!!



Now - - - This is JUST CRAZY.  Have you heard of this cake?  I guess this originated in 2016.  I just may be behind the times, as they say!  This is a Savory Soul Cake with three layers of cornbread and is stuffed with mac & cheese and candied yams.  The cake is topped off with mashed potatoes as frosting with a drizzle of gravy.  And, of course, some fried chicken or turkey.   It is called Savory Thanksgiving Cake.  Check it out at this link.

What will be next?  

It reminds me of Turducken of many years ago !  It originated in 1985.  Check it out at Turducken .
That's my cooking trivia for today.  Have a Great Day .

Mary

1 comment:

  1. While that cake looks interesting I think I would pass, haha. Your story about Miss Ivy reminded me the antics of our long gone cats, Skippy and Scoopie (orange tabby sisters). They had a rough time with hairballs as well so the vet prescribed an oral medication that came in a tube. She warned me that the taste of this medicine was very appealing to cats and to be careful not too give them too much as a little goes a long way. I would keep the tube in the medicine cabinet in the downstairs bathroom and those cats KNEW it was in there. Whenever anyone went into that bathroom 2 cats would come flying into the bathroom, jump on the counter, stare at the medicine cabinet and meow, meow, meow. You had to be careful not to get knocked over in the rush of kitty.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009