Thursday, November 15, 2018

So Difficult To Comprehend

I have avoided writing about the Horrendous California Wildfires (firestorms) because it just seems so unbelievable but with the extensive continual news coverage and nearby communities suffering with all the fringe hardships (dangerous air quality) to so many humans and animals the disaster is not far from my constant thoughts .  Never in my wildest thoughts could I have ever thought something like this would happen in my lifetime .  All the emotions that one feels are so magnified in severity .  And the feelings of helplessness is enormous .

Today's newspaper - - - Paradise, CA — "The damage tally continues to increase for the most destructive wildfire in the state’s history .

The Camp Fire in Butte County has now destroyed 8,756 homes, 1,310 outbuildings and 260 commercial buildings. 56 people are now confirmed dead and many more remain unaccounted for. The fire is now 140,000 acres and 40-percent contained."

How can a whole town just disappear ? ? ?  And the ramifications will live on for many many years.  

I hope that all of us do what we can to help in whatever way we can .  Even if it feels small and insignificant !  And, let's be grateful for what we have in our own lives . Remember WANT is very different from NEED !  Blessings to All .

Mary

2 comments:

  1. Such tragedy for our lovely California.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just terrible! My relatives in Redding were spared significant damage and loss from the earlier fire, and now California has yet another tragic fire on their hands. My heart goes out to all of you, and how right you are, Mary, for each of us to be grateful for what we have in our own lives, and to help others in whatever way that we can.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009