Thursday, June 25, 2020

Oh So Good Omelet

After working in the garden (watering and planting the third Daylily - Tiger Blood) it was time to come in for lunch . And , I had a spur-of-the-moment thought since recently rediscovering my old fold-over omelet pan .  I decided to see if I still knew how to use it .  I remember from years gone by that it was a lot of fun and easy . My memory was right and here you are with a Broccoli , Bacon , Cheddar Cheese , Chives (home grown) and Radish omelet garnished with sour cream , and parsley and pansies from my garden . It's always fun to use items from the garden even if it is just a little something . And , of course there are limitless food combinations you can use to make omelets .

When I thought of an omelet I knew I had enough food in the cupboards to put something together .
So good and so easy .

This google photo is exactly like my omelet pan from the 1970's !

Of course you can use a regular frying pan by flipping the omelet over with a spatula . But, gadgets are fun , aren't they ?
My granddaughter sent me an email with photos of her Container Vegetable Garden that was very impressive ! And, she was telling me about using a spiral maker to make spiral zucchini noodles like this -
I don't know what kind of gadget she has but there are many different kinds on the Internet . She made a dish with zucchini noodles with shrimp and Parmesan cheese .  Her seven year old son (my great grandson 😏) asked her to make it again soon . How precious !  I guess my granddaughter likes gadgets also !

Enjoy your day . I'm enjoying mine !

Mary

2 comments:

  1. Your omelet looks delicious. You seem to be a good and inventive cook. It sounds like your granddaughter has inherited your kitchen and gardening skills. I love omelets, but it is almost impossible to find a restaurant that can make one that is small and light in texture. So we have them at home from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Anita, my consistent and faithful commenter even though I seldom have time to comment on other blogs. I wish I could but I have my hands full with taking care of the house and all the other things on my own. I continue to enjoy all the nice blogs!

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009