Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Daylily Season In My Garden

The season has certainly begun in my garden for Dayliles , which delights me . With a total of 39 Daylily plants including 3 that I recently bought I will be busy nurturing them to get the most joy from each one .  The most recent plants were inexpensive and healthy with scapes (stems or stacks with flowers at the top) on two of them . And , that helps in knowing the color especially when the name doesn't clearly define it . One of them is Red Rum -
And the other is Little Grapettet -
And the third one is called Tiger Blood which is described as cream to yellow with dark red eyes .  And, it opened today !
I have been able to plant two of them near some other Daylilies that are just about to bloom . I thought that I could remember the colors of the nearby plants .  But, no . Can you believe , I planted both of them next to others that are about the same color ! After thoughts of moving the plants to different locations ,  I came to my senses and decided they will be just fine where they are .  Remember , it's a big job to dig the holes because of the rocks .  These two will just have to get along 😄!
I am tired and it is HOT.  And , I hurt .  Near 100 degrees for the past three days . Heat Alert until Saturday . I work outside every day especially with all the hand watering . However , I've been setting a sprinkler out occasionally , but have to set a timer so I don't forget it or I will waste a lot of water . 

A few more Daylilies have opened - - -





See , what I said .   I always get at least one scape on my scrawny plants .





Saturday, I planted two watermelon plants that had been waiting until I prepared some soil in a wine barrel .
And, this is the garden today in the raised bed . It's coming right along !
Yesterday I had to run errands, the same old stuff , to the post office , to UPS to return a package , to the drug store and of course - to the dump .  Ran out of energy and didn't make it to the grocery store .  It still feels so strange to be out in this very different environment .  I was happy to see that most everyone was wearing face coverings especially with the rising case numbers of the virus .

Sending good thoughts to all of you .

Mary 

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009