Even though the pizza that I baked turned out well I was still having difficulty with obtaining high heat, hot enough to bake a potato without having to bake it longer than usual. And, if I can't bake a German Puff Pancake which takes very high heat my oven is useless to me!
The heating element needed to be looked at more carefully. There are two heating elements, one is for the broiler and the other is for the oven. The broiler unit at the top of the oven was heating bright red as it should. But, the oven unit is at the bottom of the oven and has a cover (floor of oven) over it and the oven door has to be removed in order to remove the cover. When I would put my hand at the bottom I could feel heat. Since I could not see if it was heating bright red I knew I would have to remove the cover so I could get more information.
After removing the door and the "floor" of the oven I was able to inspect the heating element and remove it from the back of the oven. No obvious burned area could be seen and the element felt smooth. I then checked the element with my multimeter for Ohms. It was defective. OK NOW!
Every time I had to replace a part, I had to order it through the internet and then wait for the part. I would never have been able to tackle this job if the internet did not have all the information as close as my keyboard.
As long as the range was "revealing it's part" I decided to take a look at the circuit board which is at the front behind the controls. And, lo and behold the schematic for the wiring was in that compartment in case I got deeper into the caverns of my electric range! Believe me, every step I took was with great trepidation!
And, LOOK - - - A perfect German Puff Pancake baked at 425 degrees! It thoroughly baked (no soggy bottom) and the bottom is nicely browned! And - - it slid out of the cast iron skillet with no sticking. It makes me so happy!
Hope All Is Well with You.