Thursday, January 14, 2016

I Miss My Outdoor Flowers

It is so grey and bleak outside. And, it is colder than most winters past. Not complaining, really! But, I am so accustomed to more color and I miss my two hours a day of outside light while puttering in my garden. I do not do as well when I do not get enough light. Actually, I got out my Sunlight 365 days a year that provides artificial sunlight. The most important thing about the artificial sunlight is that it is most effective if it is used regularly. 
Now, back to my flowers. These are a few photos of the past few years. 
I am not sure if my current garden plants/flowers are going to survive the cold of this year. I think there will be some that say "enough is enough - I'm going to sleep forever". Flower gardens are always changing. It is just part of nature.

But, look, here are a few photos of what is peeking out in the garden today.
Camellias
Narcissus - Paperwhite Ziva
White Daffodil Thalia
Red Anemone
See red anemone link.
These tubers were here when I moved here 20+ years ago!
Last, but not least. Look at this sweet little love bug! My Great Granddaughter - nine months old. I still have not been able to meet her. I just want to hug her and give her lots of kisses. Mama says she is a very good baby girl! My plans to visit my Great Grandchildren have been postponed because of my debilitating back problem.  My pain level is about the same. But, I am optimistic that it will get better.
Yesterday, I had to drive "over the river and through the woods'" to a medical appointment. It was great to see the river with a higher waterline since having all the rain here in California!

I hope you are having a week that is pleasing you.

Mary

4 comments:

  1. Mary,

    What a doll baby your granddaughter is. Looks like you have blooms on the way. Sending healing thoughts your way and I hope your visit with family will be sooner than you think. best wishes from across our great land, Tina Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is gloomy but summer will be here soon. Oh I MUST get me one of those sun lights. I am currently taking prescription vitamin D. I have to get my blood work looked at again this month. If its not up, Im not sure what I will do next. I love the sunshine and i'm surprised my D level is low but I need one of those lights. Im gonna google it right now!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. And more rain appears to be heading your way! Like you I thrive on sunshine and am not at my best when there are no blue skies. That baby is too adorable. I hope you get to see both great-grandies and your granddaughter very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love all your pictures of the flowers, Mary! This year I'm more anxious than usual to get to spring time. I can't wait to do a bit more with my flowerbeds, and see how I can bring some nice changes to our front deck. Your granddaughter and that little outfit she's wearing are just precious!

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009