Friday, January 29, 2016

Have You Had Your Chickpeas Today

You know they are a good source of protein and so easy to prepare in a multitude of ways. You can make hummus as spicy or as bland as you like. Or venture out with some Chickpea Curry which can be seasoned according to your preferences.
This recipe is from the blog of The Pioneer Woman and I really like it. I hope you will try it.
Today it is raining. I think it is quite nice how we get a few days between the rainy days. I am so very sleepy and it is only noon time! I am quite sure that my energy level will be higher as we get closer to Spring Time.
 And, have a Fabulous Day.

Mary

2 comments:

  1. I like Chickpeas. I've tried making Hummus and it turned out ok. You can also put them on a cookie sheet, spray with a little oil, sprinkle with salt and bake them to delicious crispy nuts.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely love chick peas, Mary! But truth be told, I haven't thought to buy them in quite some time! Maybe this recipe will make me want to do so. :) I have been lacking energy myself lately, too, and I know I'll feel much better once we're well on our way to Spring! Cheers and happiness to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009