Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Does Your Dog Watch Television

I think this was a few years ago and it looks like a Dog Show in the first photo. I frequently observe Lily watching TV. It's so much fun watching her attention span.
How about a little run in the IDITAROD? Lily thought that would be something fun to do. But, she wasn't sure if she wanted to be that cold for that many days. 
The IDITAROD trail sled dog race is an annual long-distance (over 1150 miles) sled dog race run in early March from Anchorage to Nome, Alaska. Mushers and a team of 16 dogs, of which at least 6 must be on the towline at the finish line. They cover the distance in 9 to 15 days or more.
Joe Redington Sr. (1917-1999) was an American dog musher and kennel owner who is best known as the "Father of the Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race."

About the time I took these photos, the son of my neighbors had a team of dogs in Montana that ran several years in the Iditarod. They would go on occasion to Montana to take care of the dogs when their son had to be away. According to them, the dogs take a tremendous amount of work, which is not surprising. Additionally, it is a huge monetary investment. I am not sure of his success rate with the racing but I'm quite sure there was some return on his monetary investment. Interesting hobby? I love hearing about other peoples adventurous pursuits. That may be because of my inherent curiosity.
Lily says this is about as cold as she wants to be. "Let those other dogs run the race!" Did you know Lily talks to me???

Lily Medical Update: She is doing about the same. Maybe, a little less coughing. Hooray!

It has been raining all day. I sure hope the folks in the "Burn Area" aren't flooding to severely. Flooding started a couple days ago. And, snow levels are lower but thankfully not near the "Burn Area". Prayers for comfort for them would be nice.

Now, it's time for me to laugh. Do you too have a haunted house?
Mary

2 comments:

  1. That's just precious how Lily is so intrigued at the TV. Wonder if she realized those are dogs? I bet she does. She may even have her favorite. :) . We are actually seeing some snow flurries here in North Carolina today. Its such a big deal when snow falls in our area. Hope it warms up soon.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our cats watch my iPad when I have on the bird cams! They love their "cat TV" as I call it! I sure do hope everyone's weather straightens up because the current conditions are getting a bit too stressful and damaging. So glad to hear that Lily is holding her own and not coughing as much. That makes my heart very happy!

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009