Thursday, January 7, 2016

It Did Not Disappoint

Look at the beauty of these magnificent amaryllis flowers. And, there is a second blossom to come! So many bloggers have shared their beautiful photos of the special Christmas flowers. I never tire of seeing them. In the past I have received red and white blend amaryllis and hopefully next year a can order a bulb for something just a little different. I haven't seen any in the stores around here. But, whatever color I have I know I will be just as thrilled.
Seasonal Christmas plants/flowers have always been very special to me.

This is a photo of Lily a few years ago during a trip to Yosemite. She always has loved traveling.
Lily UPDATE - She is having a little more difficulty with her symptoms. These episodes come and go. But when they persist more than a day I get very worried. At the moment she is resting/sleeping next to me. She has just come in from running around outside. Her chest is enlarged because of the fluid and her enlarged heart. And her breathing fluctuates from calm slow rhythm to more labored with some coughing/gagging. She has really amazed me with her stamina, loving temperment and tenaciousness to live. I have not seen any distress in her face. She generally seems very happy and she likes all of the attention that I give her - lots of hugs, cuddling and kisses. Believe me, I will not let her suffer.

Pretty fancy car seat. Don't you think? Nothing but the best for my sweetie!

Stay warm.

Mary

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Lily is precious! I love her sweater. I cant tell she's loved a lot! The flowers are beautiful. I cant seem to keep flowers alive. That's not one of my specialties. I only own an orchid and peace Lily. lol.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa, Thanks for stopping by. I can't grow orchids because I don't have the day light that they need nor the humidity. Congrats. Does yours bloom and what color. Blessings.

      Delete
  2. Hi Mary. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and commenting. Come back! You won't believe this but I have a HUGE, the tallest I've ever seen, amaryllis in the middle of the kitchen table! I'm going to post about it soon. Take care and have a wonderful Saturday. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your amaryllis is just stunning, Mary!! I am really starting to love house plants and flowers indoors these days. My daughter sometimes works in the floral department at her place of employment, and she was just telling me that they have flowering bulbs out for purchase in beautiful vases. We just may have to get one or two of them to add a lovely scent and some beauty to our home! Lily is just adorable in her car seat. I can tell she is a very loved and cherished little girl!

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009