Thursday, July 13, 2017

Dirty, Dirty, Dirty Work And A Few Flowers

With the excessive rain this past winter my cement driveway, sidewalks and patio now have a heavy coat of green/black moss.  It not only looks horrible but additionally it is dangerous because it is slippery. It has been several years since I have had to power wash the cement.  I already have the power washer and it does a good job but it is very time consuming.


I can only power wash for about two hours at a time because of my back/leg pain level.  And, I have already spent eight hours on the project.  I think I have about two to four hours more before it will be finished.


The cement is looking so much better.  And, it certainly feels nice and clean and certainly a lot brighter. I wanted to decorate my patio but I could not get motivated.  I think it may be that it just didn't feel nice out there.


What a huge difference the cleaning is making.   Additionally, the filth tracks into the house. However, I usually do not wear shoes in the house since I work out in the garden a lot.


The SLUDGE is really awful.  But, soon it will all be gone!  



A few more flowers caught my attention when I was deadheading some of the garden.  SOOOOO  Pretty!



And, then I noticed my photos of the next flowers and how similar they look in the photos I took a few weeks ago.


Well, another week has almost flown by.   Sometimes it doesn't seem possible that we are already in the middle of 2017 ! ! !

Take Care Everyone.

Mary

1 comment:

  1. Such beautiful flowers and your cement cleaning job looks awesome!! What a huge difference. ☺

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009