Friday, July 7, 2017

Today

These flowers would have looked nice with my 4th of July blog post with the red, white and blue Patriotic theme.  I guess they are more of a lavender/purple and deep pink with white ones.  But, aren't they pretty?  Yes, they are from my garden. The white glads are certainly more robust than the others and they are planted in a different area. Soil and light exposure sure makes a difference in the garden.   I have always enjoyed the beauty of Gladiolus.  And, I am so happy to have them growing again in my garden this year.


It's a very very hot day, again, today.   If I miss a spot watering I certainly know about it the next day. For the most part, my garden is all hand watering. The limited sprinkling system on the one side (where the valve broke) hasn't worked for the past two years. I just have not had the time to work on it.  But, on the other side of the house, several years ago I made a watering system with PVC that generally does a good job, especially when I run out of time. It is not the most water conservative method but on occasion it sure helps.

Sometimes gardening (for that matter, living) on a tiny budget sure - - - - - I guess it is best that I don't say the word that fits best ! ! ! ! ! !    I think you get my point!

(photo from three years ago)

Buy the way, the broken water valve has been temporarily repaired by me. First, PVC glue was used but did not control the leakage, not heavy duty enough.  Then I found some plumbers epoxy putty that I remembered I had in the garage. Boy! does that stuff work and it sure gets hard if you can control and stop the water that may be flowing. Surface must be dry and you have to work fast. Hopefully, in the not too distant future, I can hire someone who has time to work on my "water issues"!

How about ending with another photo of my Gladiolus from last year in a more formal and fun arrangement.  Yes, I do enjoy creating floral vignettes. I guess I should do it more often.


I hope you are enjoying your summer day and looking forward to your weekend.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009