Monday, July 17, 2017

I Need Some Cooling Off

From the Heat of the day, Yes - - - But that wasn't the main cause of me heating up.

Have you heard of Computer Problems ? ? ?

Well, as you may recall, last fall I purchased a new laptop with Windows 10.   I use it part of the time even though I have not learned about all the great things it can do.   My older laptop has Windows 7 and was bought in 2010.    With a lot of tinkering, I have been able to bring it back to good working order.    Because I have not transferred everything to the new laptop, I find that I frequently use the older one.   It is not without it's issues.   But, I guess it is like an old pair of slippers.   They are not perfect but that ol' familiarity has a strong draw. 

I like having two computers (and have had for many years) because I use one computer to problem solve when one is in my "repair shop" !

OK, let's get to the topic of this post.   Last night, all of a sudden Windows 10 would not connect to the Internet.   After trying several attempts a message comes up and says that it will no longer be available and I will be notified later about what to do.   With all the scams that occur unexpectedly, I really did not know what to think.   So, I "closed up shop" for the night and decided to return to the very annoying situation in the morning. 

Much to my surprise, there was an email in the morning from Comcast saying that there is a technical issue with the Wireless Gateway in my home (it is an older device) and they will send an upgraded model replacement that I will have to activate.  Wow, I hope this event turns out as good as it seems at the moment.   After being "burned a few times" I believe I have become a little cynical ! !
In reality, Windows 7 has been having delays in connecting to the Internet.  Hopefully, the new device will take care of that issue also.


Until Next Time.
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009