Saturday, July 1, 2017

There Is Going To Be A Wedding And More

In March 2018

And, this is the happy Bride-To-Be, my Granddaughter on a day recently when she shopped and found her wedding gown. I have seen a photo of her wearing the gown and it is beautiful.

And, I will show you some of their Engagement Photos.   At least, that is my understanding of what they call them even though they were officially engaged in June, 2014 in San Francisco.   So, first let's look at the 2014 photos.
And these are the recent photos next.
There lives have been so busy during the past three years and it has not been easy. Sometimes I think my Granddaughter is a  "Wonder Women".  She worked part-time, finished her education (two years) for her Bachelor's Degree and gave birth to two children and they are not twins! Because of education financing issues they waited for completion of her studies and graduation prior to marriage. She is a Stay-At-Home-Mom and they are wonderful parents. Would you say I may be a bit prejudice?  Nah!

The mechanics of living life are so very different than when I was young.  I do not know a better way to phrase those thoughts. I have quickly learned to "just roll" with the new ways and enjoy the ride. I am thrilled to be a party to any activities that my family will share with me.

As I have mentioned, I have been working with a Psychologist with a focus on repairing the  relationships with my two adult children before my journey on this earth ends. I telephoned my son's wife (daughter-in-law) and as I expected, it was good. My son has had issues since birth and hopefully todays science may be of help! His wife and I will be talking again the beginning of next week.  He is the father of my Granddaughter who is getting married.

Trust me, it is all so painful and complicated. Just like so many families. But, at least we are on our way to trying to heal. God willing and the outcome will be worth the effort. 

Over the weekend I am hoping to try to contact my daughter who in time past before her current marriage was very close to me. She may shut me down (which I fully expect), however I strongly believe her husband is the controller. The last time I saw them, he stood over me, Yelling and Screaming at me (on Thanksgiving day 3 years ago when My Special Friend was on his death bed) telling me what a terrible person he thinks I am and has always thought.  Talk about HURTFUL.  And, no one (like my daughter) came to comfort and protect me!

I parented my two preschool children as a single parent with very little support of any kind. My daughter is a Master's Degree candidate. Unfortunately, she never wrote her thesis!  And, my son is a twenty year Air Force Veteran and continues to work at an Air Force base as a civilian.

There is absolutely no contact between family members.  I'll just leave it at that!  I feel fortunate to feel strong enough to be working with what I consider to be an excellent Psychologist on this very challenging situation for me and my adult children.

Two more Daylily plants have started to bloom.
Lovely!
That's it for today.

Hope your July 4th weekend is starting with happy preparations.

Mary

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Mary!!!! I have no words, but I am truly hoping and praying for healing and fresh beginnings with your son and daughter as you seek help in doing so. I AM SO SORRY that you've not been able to share the relationship you once had with your daughter, but I will hold on to hope and pray fervently that you both can find some common ground on which to begin anew. As for the new engagement photos of your granddaughter, they're just beautiful!! You termed it so beautifully when you said, "The mechanics of living life are so very different than when I was young. I do not know a better way to phrase those thoughts. I have quickly learned to "just roll" with the new ways and enjoy the ride. I am thrilled to be a party to any activities that my family will share with me." Our daughter recently "put the cart before the horse" and moved in with her fiancé, much to our dismay, and the dismay of my entire family. My folks are so hurt. They have a November 2018 wedding date set, but, still, it hurts to see her go her own way on this. While many are not choosing to go see her new townhome, my husband and I are choosing to do whatever we can to help and whatever it takes to encourage her in the right direction, keep the lines of communication open so that we may continue to be a part of her life in whatever capacity that may be at the moment... I don't believe anyone ever changes under condemnation, but rather when they experience unconditional love and grace. Hugs to you, lots of love and prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like both of us are in "the same camp" when it comes to how what seems like most of the world has changed in relationship to morals, honesty, civility, responsibility and just plain kindness. I still enjoy trying to live by John 3:16! Oh, how I pray your family will eventually gather around your daughter and shower her and husband-to-be with love even though there is a difference of opinion in life choices. I so agree with you about the ineffectiveness of condemnation. I like to think that acceptance of others choices after presenting our own opposing position is the most loving supportive response unless it is criminal/unlawful activity. Prayerfully, their togetherness is sincere and forever lasting. Prayers for all your family. Hugs - back at you!

      Delete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009