Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Life In My Lane

After a couple overcast and somewhat rainy days we are having some very appreciated sunshine.  I do not know how my life can have so many roller coaster rides in so few days as it has recently.   In the interest of brevity I have only a few comments regarding the recent wedding activities.  They did not bring the joy to my heart as I had anticipated.  For me, it brought exclusion which was such a jolt to me. Only two times during the past six weeks have I spoken with my Granddaughter.  It seems that a check up phone call to me is not a priority in her life.   And, an email response from her yesterday shattered every window in my house - My Heart.  Enough of that stuff!  I know I am strong and this too shall pass.

I am happy to say that I am making some progress, slow as it may be, with using pain medication.  Unfortunely, I am very sensitive to narcotics. It is trial and error and I have to be careful not to overdose and use very small dosages by cutting the pills. I am determined to find the pain zone that is tolerable and gives me a better quality of life.  Pain does not define me!  I do not see surgical intervention in my future.  The surgery is just to frightening for me.   This is my recent MRI.


And, this is the recommended surgery.              NO THANK YOU.

I look forward to Spring Time and all the new life coming forth in the Garden.

This afternoon I plan to spend some time outside sitting in the sunshine and listening to the sounds of Nature.

Wishing you Happy Days.

Mary

3 comments:

  1. The news about your granddaughter broke my heart. I am so sorry your family situation is so rocky. Hugs to you! And that proposed surgery-good heavens! It sounds like a nightmare and I hope you can find some relief using low, controlled doses of pain medication. Like you, I have a terrible reaction to opioid medicines (as did my mother). I became very sick in the hospital after an operation from the pain medication, so I just did the old "grin and bear it" during recovery.

    Enjoy the sunshine while it is here dear friend Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As always, you are there with comforting loving thoughts. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. I was shocked to read this after viewing the lovely photos you posted of your granddaughter and great granddaughter. How unfair and heartbreaking it was to learn of your being excluded from much of the goings on. I'm saddened knowing how much this had hurt you, my dear friend. I honestly don't understand why some things are the way they are in this life..... Please know you're in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009