Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Sad News Is Especially Difficult

When it is about someone who is near and dear to you.  My dear New York friend who I talk with frequently by telephone has been challenged during recent years with many complications of living with Diabetes, specifically foot ulcers. Damage to the blood vessels can occur when there is prolonged periods of hyperglycemia (high blood sugar levels) and blood circulation can be cut off and body tissue dies.

It is so difficult to even write this  - - - She developed Gangrene and her Right Foot had to be Amputated !!!   

She is in the hospital for at least another week.  My heart is feeling so very traumatized.  I am just having a difficult time processing this.  Her husband who is battling Cancer is by her side as he always has been.

I have written about my friend in the past.  We have been friends since High School.  And, if you like, you can read more at the following blog posts - Love Sent My Way and A Very Generous Surprise
Let's PRAY for them.

Mary

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry to read about your friend. I am sending prayers her way.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009