Sunday, April 15, 2018

Go Ahead - You Can Call Me A CAT LADY

Trust me, it is only a temporary condition.  But, I sure am enjoying my little roommate !  We are having a wonderful Spring Day and I really had to try to do some outside work .  So, out I went.  However, I did not like leaving Ivy inside all day, mostly alone.

Recently I had been thinking about  jerry-rigging a Catio for Ivy using the existing pet door and a small portable metal kennel.  Both of these items are from use with my previous pets.

Do you know what a Catio is?  A Catio is a patio for your cat.  I think it is nice, especially if your cat is an Indoor Cat.  I guess we could say that a Catio is something we did not know that our cat needs !
(example from google images)
They can be made any way you want them to look.   Just use your imagination !

Look at Miss Ivy's new Catio !
All I had to do was to place my kennel in front of the pet door that is in my bedroom and goes out to a little porch.



This photo is when she first came to check it out.  I put a couple little cat treats in the kennel and sprayed a tad bit of catnip essential oil.



She seemed to like it and stayed out until I went into the house.




She was so comfortable that she started cleaning herself.   Thereafter, she enjoyed a little nap in the sunshine .
Even after I came into the house she would periodically go out and sit in the kennel.  She likes it.  What do  you think ?

I'm tired and it is late.  It was a productive day and I must get to bed !

Mary

1 comment:

  1. Little Miss Ivy looks like she loves her chance to enjoy the outside. What a great idea! It is almost like recess when we were in school.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009