Sunday, April 29, 2018

What A Week - A Wonderful Week

The hardships with health issues, troubled family issues, loss of loved ones and financial limitations the past three years have resulted in me living a very secluded life . And, that can mean changes in day to day life that you would never allow in "good times".  For quite some time, especially during the winter I only left the house to do the necessary activities like grocery shopping,  pick up the mail at the post office, medical appointments and making sure I had gasoline in the car .

 Not long ago I noticed that people that I know are older than me were offering to open doors for me.   I guess it was time for me to take notice of just how far I had slipped away from putting effort in how I was looking.  I knew I was  avoiding people with my head down when I saw someone that I knew .   Not a pretty picture !  No makeup, hair under a baseball cap,  posture bent forward from not wearing a bra to hold up larger than desired frontage and clothes bordering on inappropriate for outside wear .  Pretty pathetic !

As you may know I have been slowly trying to return to a life that is more fulfilled with activities and friends .  This past week I was able to see my long time acquaintance when I took Ivy to the Vet and we were treated great .   That was the beginning of my conscience effort of returning to the Mary of the past.

A couple days later it was a must that I go to the grocery store and run errands.  While at the dump disposing my household waste at the refuse transfer station a voice called out to me .  It was a woman who in the past has meant a lot to me especially by giving me emotional support when she observed me in need .  We had a wonderful chat and it was so good to see each other .

Thereafter, I was on my way to the Pet Feed Store to pick up food for Ivy.  And, I was approached by one of the restaurant owners from Downtown who I had a special connection with when My Special Man was alive.  He greeted me with a hug and inquired about me.  I never expected to see him at the Pet Store.

And shortly afterward I was greeted by a wonderful woman who had her Cavalier King Charles Spaniel with her. In time past I had taken care of her dog and she also took care of my Cavalier.  She and her husband were neighbors of My Special Man.  She is in her 80's and her husband (former County District Attorney) is 94.  They, also have been very meaningful to me in past time.  We had a great visit and she and I are going to "go for lunch".     That was the second day I had worn makeup in three years !  Yes, the Mary of the past is resurfacing very quickly.

Needless to say, the week was filled with blessings.  Additionally, I have been able to work in my garden 2 to 3 hours for the last 3 days with no resulting back distress.  And, there is more !  Ivy is starting to really BLOSSOM.

How has this been for Transparency ?  I surprised myself !
I hope you had a Good Week and another one to follow.

Mary

2 comments:

  1. This is such a happy posting dear friend Mary. It is nice to read that you feeling better and getting back into the swing of life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anita, Thank you for your endless caring. Blessings

      Delete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009