Thursday, May 24, 2018

Excitement Found In The Garden And Rolling Along

I am so happy with the results of the replanted Iris Garden this year.  The hard work was so worth it.  There may be more flowers to open.  Maybe some different colors that I see in the photo of 2009.  Iris have different blooming times, early, mid and late.  Time will tell.  Oh, and some bloom early and then again late !  It has been so much fun for me to watch with anticipation each day to see what new blossom I will see .   Some photos may look like duplicates but they are different in very slight ways !
All this beauty sprung forth from these elegant harbinger spires !  They did not disappoint !
The entire garden is looking wonderful in regards to health and bloom activity this year and I am really enjoying it.

I think I am on a roll.  By that I mean I am getting a lot of different types of things done.   And, oh, how good it feels.  I have always worked hard throughout my entire life and I am grateful that I feel well enough to continue to take care of things at home.  However, it is getting more challenging to try to keep up with all the home care activities.  And, I am a long way from maintaining my home like I would like to and like I was able to do in the past.  I am really trying to clean out all the many things that I certainly no longer need.  It is a bit daunting especially since I have lived in this house 25 years and have not been forced to liquidate like one usually does when they move.  But, I take a lot of comfort in that I have not had to move as frequently as I did when I was younger and the rent "was always going up".  It took a lot of energy and there was always the expected expenses of moving.

I am trying to find some handyman and garden help but it is very difficult and I may not find anyone.  Front what I hear there are many experiences where the people just don't don't show up or they are living "on Mountain Time" !!!

Ivy, my "Resident Heart Beat" is doing well.  I don't think she is ever going to be totally comfortable with her life.  I have another appointment for her with the Vet to work some more on finding a diagnosis of her watery eyes.  She does not seem to be uncomfortable but she may have always had the problem.  The drainage from her eyes is at an amount that there are little reddish/brown drops on the floors, furniture and especially on the window sills.  I think she has settled in and in general is quite content.  She does a lot of purring and she comes looking for me when she wants a little pet on her head !

The sun is shining bright and that always gives me a lot of energy !    I am on my way to discover what the day brings !

I hope your day is going well.

Mary

5 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your iris collage. I love bearded iris but living in central Florida, it's too hot for them....I have to enjoy other's garden photos - like yours! Visiting from May Garden Party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck in finding someone to help you with the big chores. Maybe with summer coming there might be some young men home from school who are eager to earn a few dollars. Your irises are lovely. Thinking of you dear friend Mary and please keep the pictures and updates coming our way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, your Iris are gorgeous! I love them and have a lot in my garden as well. They are really putting on a show. They make me ever so happy because they were one of my dear moms favorites. Thanks for sharing with the Garden Party.
    hugs
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our hard work in the garden is so rewarding! We find our true happiness there. I love irises, and you have so many beautiful variety! I also find interesting, and love the fact that you are, like you say, in the sunset of your life, but still able to work the garden and enjoy all the little blessings bestowed upon your life... what privilege! Being here reminds me of my dear mother, who is not with me any more, and it makes me want to come by again and again, just to see you! And I will! Oh I will!

    Sending you a big hug!

    Cielo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cielo, What a delight to see that you visited my blog. I have enjoyed your blog for years and I really like your interior design talent. You house looks beautiful. And, your garden certainly demonstrated all the very hard work you and your husband have done. Thanks so much for visiting and leaving a heartwarming comment. Blessings.

      Delete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009