Friday, May 4, 2018

Six Barrels Full And The Beauty Of The Season

Believe me, that is a lot of weeds to hand pull !  But, oh, so good to have a good start cleaning the garden.  I know this is not a very glamorous photo but it has a lot of significance for me . I have not been sure I would be able to work in the garden any more.  For the past few days the weather has been absolutely fabulous for working/playing in the garden .  And, I have been somewhat amazed at how much I have accomplished .  However, my greatest amazement has come from the fact that my back/body does not feel any different than if I had not been working outside.  Absolutely Astounding !!!  My gratitude is Huge.  Living a day at a time is so freeing !
And, now a little Beauty - a lot of Beauty !
The White Iris are robust, beautiful and tall, almost as tall as I am at five foot tall.
There are so many more iris in the White Garden than years past.  These are below the fig tree that has started to leaf out !
And, this is a large, Bridal Veil Spirea, blooming nicely.
Now, let's move to the front garden where I worked so hard last year to refurbish the multicolored Iris garden.  I can't begin to tell you how happy this photo makes me !
Just look at all the healthy long stems approaching their burst of color and beauty.
These photos are some quick clicks of the camera when I did not take the effort to produce quality.
 


This is an "ol' standby" that never fails to bloom.  It is Lavandula Lanata, woolly lavender, a species of flowering plant in the mint family .
The Lady Banks Yellow Climbing Rose is in full bloom on the fence.  Look at all those weeds that need some ATTENTION.  Speaking about ATTENTION - look who crawled out in the Iris garden to greet me this morning as I was out taking some photos !  I am glad I saw him /her before I was scared out of my skin !
 The first Roses to bloom are about to display their first flush of the season. I can hardly wait.
There are a lot more flowers blooming, but that will have to wait until I can spend more time with the camera.

Ivy Update - - - She is a "KEEPER" !!!

I hope you have had a Good Week.

Mary

1 comment:

  1. Your flowers and gardens are lovely. Thanks for sharing the results of your hard work with us. My lavender plants are just about to bloom and I can hardly wait to put my nose in the flowers and breathe deep.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009