Thursday, May 17, 2018

Twenty Five Years Ago - Who Would Have Thought

When I was on a four-day week-end vacation in the California Mother Lode I became interestingly infatuated with a Small Historical Town.  My trip was for the purpose of looking for an area that would take me away from living in an expensive busy big city to a quieter home as I was getting older and dealing with rehabilitation following orthopedic spinal surgery because of cumulative injury and disk herniation of my low back resulting from many years working as a Registered Nurse.  The uncertainty of my ability to return to work was looming in my consciousness especially since my pain level continued to be very debilitating .  However, the mobility of my left leg had been restored with the nerve decompression. And, that was a huge blessing.

When I travel and have the time I like to check out different cemeteries that can give me a quick history lesson of the area and the time. 

As I was driving on the little winding gravel road and turning at the next corner, I was very surprised to see a headstone directly in front of me from 1804 with a very visible engraving of my first name and middle initial.
It took my breath away.  As I pondered what I was seeing my thoughts drifted to comfort and home !
The Small Historic Town became my home shortly thereafter. What a miraculous time in my life !

It wasn't until ten years later that I decided that it would be a good idea to purchase a cemetery plot in the same cemetery that I visited that first day visiting the Small Historic Town. The cemetery is about a five minute drive from my home and the grave site is under a very large oak tree.
Since the passing of My Special Man in 2014 and his request for me to have his cremains inurned in the same location where mine will be inurned I have slowly (as funds permitted) had the preparation of the gravesite started.  A few months ago the required cement curbing was completed.  The cemetery contractor came to my home to select rock from my garden to use as a representative border decor of my love of nature and my garden .  The next activity is to have a meeting to discuss the headstone.  As I have posted on March 15, 2018, I have an idea for the headstone that I want to discuss with the Memorial Headstone Engraver.

Business is business.  Compartmentalizing helps with carrying on with business !

When I first visited my little town,  little did I know that there would be someone to share my little cemetery plot with ! ! ! With the way I am feeling lately, I think it will be quite a while before I will be joining My Special Man.  But, who knows, I sure don't.

God Works In Mysterious Ways.

Goodness and Love to All.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009