Friday, June 1, 2018

It's Official

Miss Ivy has proclaimed this place as her Furever Home !  Probation is over and she doesn't think she could improve on the house rules and the proprietor !
Morning naps in the sunshiny living room on the window sill is such a great way to start the day following a yummy breakfast.  The house proprietor and staff have agreed to vote her in as a Permanent Resident .  See her jumping with joy ?

Ivy continues to surprise me with her impressive behavior progress and I think this is just the beginning.  Even though that differs from what I thought a couple weeks ago.  Her comfort level is continuing to improve and I think she has taken ownership of the entire house.  I never know where I will find her curled up with her head tucked in and looking like a big fur blob.  It is clear to me that she feels safe anywhere in the house and she likes to keep track of me if she is not sleeping so she can talk to me . Finally she is faithfully using her scratching pad which makes the proprietor happy .  Oh, remember this little lady is deaf.

And, WOW you should see her trying to chase her tail when she is at the top of her cat condo on the 12 inch square platform at 53 inches height.  When it starts to sway, I marvel that she shows no fear of falling off .  In the evening when she finishes playing with her tail and the toys hanging from the platform she frequently falls asleep and many nights that is where she will sleep !  Recently, she has decided that sitting or sleeping beside me is a good alternative to hanging out on other surfaces if the proprietor would sit still long enough.  So usually that luxury is reserved for evening time.
With the beautiful weather these days the Catio is a very favorable place to hang out and enjoy the marvelous sights of this big fabulous world that found me !

If you have a cat, please give them a Big Loving Hug. If you are lucky they will give back tenfold of Love.   And, I will always love dogs, too  and the unlimited amount of Love they always share with their beloved owners.

*** Obviously, this is not a blog post to critique grammatically !  But it fun to write !

Mary

2 comments:

  1. Mary, how happy I am to see progress on so many levels as I catch up with your blog! Not only does it sound like Ivy is coming along very nicely, despite her deafness, but you as well! It makes my heart glad to read that you're able to resume a fair amount of activity throughout your days, including some outdoor work, that I know in the past was a very difficult thing for you to do. I really love your "catio" idea!! When we finally get to a place of our own, and can remodel and make changes to our hearts' desire, I sure do think I'd like to incorporate something like this for my own cats. Our boy, Checkers, especially loves to sit at the full glass storm door all day long, soaking in the sights, sounds (and sunshine!) of the world around him! The girls enjoy hopping up on the window ledges, but I'll bet they'd love a "catio" if we had one. :) By the way, Ivy is just beautiful! I think you are the "purrfect" person for this special kitty, and it's no wonder she feels loved and completely comfortable in her "furever" home!! Mary, I'm just tickled that you're starting to get out and about, reacquainting yourself with old friends and feeling better about yourself because of it, too. There's so much good I've discovered here on my visit, and I can't tell you just how that warms my heart and brings a smile to my face, dear friend!! {{HUGS}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds as if she is a rescue cat. How wonderful for her. And for you too, of course.

    A contented, loving cat, is a Joy!

    A 'Nana' in the upper NE of the US

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009