Thursday, July 11, 2019

What Ya Cooking

How about some Pulled Pork for Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Coleslaw ?
This is a 4 pound boneless Pork Butt Roast . I used a dry rub of brown sugar, smoked paprika, salt and pepper  and some garlic powder.  Left in refrigerator in a baggie overnight so flavors marinate .
Baked at low temperature for six hours while periodically basting with cider vinegar, ketchup and hot sauce while it cooks .
Shred the pork and mix with any pan drippings .
This tastes great !  Tomorrow when I can go to the store to get some buns and coleslaw fixings I plan to make some sandwiches like the photo below .
(google image)
The garden continues to bring forth more lovelies .  These Gardenias are a petite miniature variety and the plant is covered completely with buds .
They are so precious . In years past I have been able to enjoy their aromatic perfume .  But, this year as I am getting older, I am not able to smell the fragrance as well !  It's about a year ago that I noticed that "my smeller" was changing !!!
The Rose of Sharon - Hibiscus - has started to bloom .
And, next time I will have photos of the Gladiolas !!!

See you again soon .

Mary

1 comment:

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009