Monday, July 1, 2019

New Health Care Pavilion

This 64,000 square foot, three story new building housing the Diane J. White Cancer Institute and Health Care Pavilion is the facility where my doctor referred me for an Abdominal Cat Scan which was done this morning .  The Pavilion provides Rehabilitative Primary Care and high-tech Diagnostic Imaging .  The Cancer Center is named for a matriarch of a local family that donated $3 million to the project that opened fall of 2018 .  The total project was $30 million .

This building is associated with the Adventist Health Hospital which is my choice of hospital and where I have received excellent care in the past .  I have not been able to get a doctor who is from this hospital . But my new doctor arranged for me to go to this state-of-the-art facility .

I have experienced a certain level of anxiety regarding the Cat Scan because of the need to take the barium prep the night prior and again in the  morning of the exam . My issue is that of chronic rectal incontinence .  As feared ,  this morning my fear was realized !  I called the Imaging Department at 8 AM to ask if I should take the morning barium .  I am happy to tell you that they were wonderful and advised that I bring the drink with me and they would make provisions for completing the Scan .

I am delighted to say that every minute of my care from the minute I entered the registration area until I left was outstanding .  Without further detail , I can not imagine any better care .  What a Blessing .

I am scheduled to see my Primary Care doctor next week when I sincerely expect to receive a report that is routine screening for minimal symptoms and not a traumatic diagnosis.

I have been so exhausted since returning home and I have slept most of this afternoon and I am now feeling quite refreshed .

I hope your 4th of July holidays are festive and safe .
Mary

1 comment:

  1. A state of the art medical center is a godsend to the residents of your part of California. I am relieved to read that you were able to get the diagnostic procedures performed so professionally. You are in my thoughts and I am sending you lots of positive vibes and prayers. Keep us updated! Wishing you and Miss Ivy a happy and safe 4th of July holiday.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009