Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Moments To Ponder

It is hard to believe that it would be a week of celebration of a Sixtieth Wedding Anniversary if I had stayed married to my children's father and he had not left us .  And - - - he had lived .
Yes, this photo is in muted colors !

It is not with bitterness that I write this but more with some thoughts of sadness .  Yes, after this many years and having lived a life filled with many life experiences which included 8 years out of 10 years of married life that were the happiest years of my life until recently .

We met when he was yet a boy at age fifteen and I was a mere girl child at the age of fifteen .  We were attending the same church along with our parents .  Not an uncommon event for the times in the fifties .  He was beside my side through the years of high school and the years of my rigorous nurses training .  We truly were in love as we knew love at the time !  Following completion of my Registered Nurses training/schooling at age 19 we were married (in the church, of course) on July 5, 1959 .
We were extremely happy even though my parents weren't as happy .  No surprise there !  There certainly were no excessive funds provided for my very simple wedding .  But, we were just happy to be married !

Life was as happy as I could ever have imagined !  I passed my State Board Exams as a Registered Nurse and my husband was very busy working as a Carpenter .  We had our first child when we were 21 and the next one when we were 23 .  Prior to the birth of our second child my husband and friends were able to build a house that we were able to move into when our daughter was only six weeks old.  It was a great three bedroom, two bath house .  I was able to be a "Stay at Home Mom" and I loved it .

Life was moving along beautifully as a young family of the fifties .  We knew we were fortunate to live the life we were living . Nothing extravagant but nicely comfortable .
Photo taken in 1966 . Red Velvet Mother/Daughter Christmas dresses that I sewed .

AND THEN  - - - - -

Out of necessity , my husbands employment changed radically from outdoor carpentry to indoor NIGHT shift Computer office work .  And, I had to start working as a nurse on DAY shift . It was a very tumultuous time for us .  Very Unfortunately , before long he became involved at work with co-workers and illegal drug use .  He left us in early 1969 and he passed away at the age of 47 !

And, That Is My Story .

As we know and I have often said "Life can change in the blink of an eye" .  I could write a lot more but let's just say "That Is My Story" and I am very Thankful for the years that were very Lovingly Beautiful .

Now, let's go enjoy some Fireworks !  Are you coming with me ?

Mary

1 comment:

  1. You were a beautiful young bride. Thank you for sharing your memories of the good and happy times with us. It makes me happy to see you in such a positive place now. Enjoy the celebrations in your little town in the mountains.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009