Sunday, August 11, 2019

Bright Cheerful Newness In The Garden

Recently, I mentioned that I had become interested in the Lantana plant and that I had planted some along my driveway that has never had any plantings in the past .  Well , here you see a few Red Dallas' Lantana, a shrub type cultivar that flowers with a Dark Orange color that fades to a Brilliant Red that grows to about four feet . 


These lovelies were ordered July 15 (not even a month ago) through the Internet from https://www.almostedenplants.com/shopping in Louisiana . I ordered six 3-1/2 inch pots at $7.99 each .  They arrived healthy and wrapped exceptionally well .  Little plants with no flowers .  And, Look At Them Now !!!  I think the most important thing about mail order plants is to plant them promptly after receiving them .

I think they are just what the flowerbed needed to finish this portion of the garden .
My hard work maintaining the house and taking care of myself continues on a regular basis that is dependent on my physical ability .  It is really hard but I am seeing progress .  I think most everything has been done in preparation for the house painter to get started .  I did quite a lot of pruning of garden shrubs that would interfere with expeditious completion of the job .  I am getting a lot done and having a lot of pain , as well .  Even though my work in the garden is sometimes challenging , the garden gives me a place to spiritually revitalize my soul . Life is Good . 

Hoping the coming week brings you Comfort and Joy .

Mary

1 comment:

  1. Your lantana are beautiful. I also love lantana and have several planted on the shallow bank between my house and the north side neighbor. I don't remember the name of the particular lantana, but it has the classic yellow/red/orange flowers and bright green leaves. I also love the smell, but I hear some people find the aroma offensive. I am also envious of those nasturtiums I see in the photo. I cannot grow nasturtiums to save my life!

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009