Thursday, August 15, 2019

Fire Season Is Here

And has been here in our county for quite some time with daily grass and wild fires .  Our protectors (the Fire-men and women) have been very dutiful and diligent in curtailing the flames from invading surrounding properties and grasslands .
To make matters worse , we are experiencing an EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING with temperatures in the 100 range .  When I went out to the pharmacy yesterday the temperature sign at the Garden Center said 104 degrees !  Yes , that is very HOT !  Fortunately , these elevated temperatures are expected to last only a few days !

It seems as though my little neighborhood which is very close to our Historic Downtown has been receiving a lot of attention from the "powers that be" who manage fire prevention and tree trimming around power lines .  This truck was across the street from my home this morning .  I am very appreciative to have this type of prevention activity .
Since the horrible fires of the recent past , California is doing a lot of proactive preparedness and prevention .  There have been town-hall meeting and there is certainly a heightened awareness through out the community .  It is Good .


My garden is doing well as long as I do the hand watering in both morning and afternoon .  With this hot weather it would not take long for all my hard work to be for naught .  Everything would be dry and dead . Don't want THAT !

Hope Your Week Is Going Well .

Mary

1 comment:

  1. I hope your warm spell has broken by now dear friend Mary. We are having a wonderful cool summer down south. So much better than last year with the unending heat. Keep us posted on your activities!!!!

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009