Friday, August 9, 2019

Another Challenging Inconvenience - Why Not ! - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Medical Update

Would you believe , a Water Heater Flooding The Garage Floor discovered at 2:30 in the afternoon on Wednesday ?  Can you believe that my reaction was one of acceptance with what was happening and proceeding to turn off the electricity and water supply line .  I said to myself ,  "Just deal with it" .
What else could I do ?  Let it shoot my blood pressure "through the roof " ? I think not !  Sparing you the details which were quite horrific , yesterday the twenty two year old electric water heater ($400 in 1997) was replaced with  a new water heater to the tune of $1225 !  No, it is not gold plated ! But, I should not have to buy another one in my lifetime .  I must say I certainly got my monies worth with not a single service call for the old water heater in all of the 22 years .  See, there is always "a silver lining in the clouds ".  I imagine and certainly hope that the entire garage will be cleaned out now .  Not sure how I will accomplish that but it is my strong desire .
Also, yesterday I was in the doctor's office at 8:30 AM for followup appointment .  The local medical care system is in a very disorganized mess which they are trying to improve .  A lot of time was spent with me to help me get the care I want and to answer my questions .  To sum it up - my blood pressure is much improved and the cholesterol lab numbers which were taken two days ago were much improved .  It looks like the change of medication helped! 
The challenge is what is going on in my abdomen ?  Why am I having notable symptoms ?  We reviewed the written CT Scan report together and will proceed with "radio-graphic small bowel series" as recommended by the radiologist.  The spleen report demonstrates increased number of low density areas  (? lymphoma - yes, that's the C word) since 2013 CT Scan . Extensive laboratory blood studies related to the spleen have been ordered and a referral to a Hematologist . If I did not have the symptoms that I have, I would not do further testing .  The reality is that most of us have "Stuff" show up on tests that never present quality of life issues . I truly DO NOT think it is cancer but what is the connection between the bowel symptoms and what is going on in the spleen, if anything?  That is the Big Question !!
And, then last night as I am finally able to sit down and relax my Home Security System starts flashing and says a battery needs to be replaced in the sensor that is up high near the ceiling .  Why can't this little inconvenience be easy to fix . No, it says something about removing the circuit board and placing new battery (which I do not have) behind the board - yada,  yada, yada . I don't want to figure this out .  I'm tired !  Perhaps. I could just wiggle my nose - like Samantha in "Bewitched" !

That's All Folks .  Til next time .  Life is Good .

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009