Monday, August 19, 2019

Exercise Is Important

No matter what your age .  I have always been an active person .  Even though I have slowed some as I am aging I still continue to get a lot of exercise . Primarily in The Garden !  This year I have done a lot more in my garden and I guess it is being noticed .  When I am outside which is almost every day it is common for someone to comment on how much they like the garden and what I have done with it .  Much to my amazement , the word "beautiful" is frequently used .  It sure is nice to hear the comments .  Since I live so close to the Historic Downtown there are many tourists walking by especially on the weekends as well as the many "regular walkers".  In years past the Oleander Hedge around my corner property gave a lot of privacy and there was very little exchange of conversation .  So, this is quite a change .

Along with all the bending, stooping, turning, twisting, kneeling , some of my exercise is all the walking in the garden as the result of forgetting where I left a tool or needing a tool or an item that is on the other side of the house .
The weather has been cooler for a few days and that has been helpful for me to finish the outside work in preparation for the house to be painted .  It is scheduled for painting to start on September 5 .  I have purchased new outdoor security lights as well as one light with a security camera .  The world has certainly changed !!!

In a few days I will continue with my quest for answers regarding my medical status . I need to have lab work done and followup on scheduling of prescribed abdominal Xrays  with contrast medium .  Since my blood pressure is now in a healthier range I certainly am feeling a lot better .  Sometimes , it isn't until you are feeling better that you realize how horrible you had been feeling !

I hope everything is going well for you .

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009