Thursday, February 4, 2016

I Know - I Know It's February

But, I feel like I want to be a ground hog and stay in my warm and cozy hole. I know  Punxsutawney Phil has shown us that we can expect an early spring. At least, in Pennsylvania! I have just one tidbit of trivia for you, which is one among many.

Groundhog Day has its roots in astronomy. What you might not know is that Groundhog Day is really an astronomical holiday.
                         Looks like Phil is being a little argumentative today!

Well, that is my tidbit of trivia for today! I think it is clear that I am not in a very talkative mood today nor have I been for a few days. I don't much care whether it is spring or winter. I just want my body to cooperate and get back to Status Quo (as I knew it) which I can better tolerate.

What a Sad Sack I am today. This too, will pass - It always does. 

Lily is doing Status Quo like I would like to be doing. Actually, she has had three terrific days. When her Dr. Ray called on Monday (as he usually does) he asked if she had any weaknesses in her limbs. My reply was "Not at all, she acts like a puppy". However, today she is having some of the coughing and gagging. But, she sleeps well without breathing interruptions which is good. I have found that if I spend time with her when she is having her difficulty and I gently massage her while quietly comforting her she  responds well. It was quite remarkable to me the first time I observed her response. It was kind of like her breathing/heart rhythm pattern was reset! So, anyway that is my little sweetie pies story today.

I sure hope your week has gone well. Tomorrow is a new day!

Mary 

4 comments:

  1. I am wishing and hoping right along with you that your body feels much better, and soon! I'll be sure and keep you in my prayers. I'm so delighted to hear that Miss Lily is doing so good! How precious that she responds so well when you spend time with her when she needs it. You are her Mama, after all, with that special something that we mothers have! Loved your little lesson on Groundhog day. I didn't know it was an astronomical holiday! I just love your very first picture in the post. It's very pretty. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your prayers, Kinberly Marie. They all help. And, I never loose sight of the many blessings I have.

      Delete
  2. Love the tea cup picture. You always take pretty photos. Now if you can just get Lily to message you on your bad days. ha. Hope you both get to feeling better.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, thanks for stopping by. Thanks for your comment on my photo. It's always fun for me to put a little something together.

      Delete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009