Tuesday, August 22, 2017

My Love-Ums

Joy comes in many styles and places.  And, what better place to bring joy to a Daddy than visiting him at work.   Little Lady reminds me so much of her Mommy (my Granddaughter) because she seems to have a huge reservoir of smiles.   Her Mommy was always smiling even when life wasn't treating her kindly as a little girl without an involved mother!    It looks like Little Man is getting ready with his tablet to help Daddy with some of his work.  Daddy has a new job so he can use all the help he can get.


When moving to a new town as the family recently did, it is important to find the library early on.  As Mommy wrote with the next photo , "You're never too old , too wacky , too wild , to pick up a book and read to a child .  -  Dr. Seuss"    Oh , how wonderful it would be if I was close enough to read to my Love-Ums !


I pray that their childhood continues to encompass multitudes of happiness.  Healthy parenting has always taken a lot of love and certainly a lot of hard work.   The family of my Love-Ums will be moving into a newly build house in November, just in time for Christmas!   They are currently renting for a few months.

I continue to work with a Psychologist with a focus of  reuniting my little family before I die.  It is a very slow process but there certainly has been some progress. It is extremely difficult when we are possibly working with an adult with traumatic brain injury since infancy.   I am looking forward to the day when a diagnostic MRI can be accomplished and hopefully a treatment plan.  The biggest word right now is Acceptance and that can be a huge attainment.  One moment at a Time.

Even with all the worldly complexities I wish you a fulfilling and joyful week.

Mary

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing the wonderful photos of the babies. How they have grown! And they look so happy and healthy! It is good news about the family's move and the new job. Nice office!!!! And, as always, sending you lots of virtual hugs, prayers and best wishes as you work your way through your troubles to find peace. I have missed your posts! Stay strong dear friend Mary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anita, You are always so kind and encouraging. I think I am doing better than I have in a long time. We are all stressed some by all the national issues no matter how hard we try to not get caught up with the unthinkable. Hope you and Steve have been enjoying your summer. Mary

      Delete
  2. Just adorable, Mary! How exciting for your granddaughter and her family to have a new home waiting in the wings!! So happy you have this wonderful connection, and will be praying for a positive outcomes as you continue to work to reunite with your son and daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kimberly Marie, thanks for your faithful comments and kindness. The family issue is very slow but I have been able to calmly wait and watch for any substantial change in attitudes. God Bless You. Mary

      Delete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009