Saturday, August 26, 2017

Over The Bridge And Through The Woods

That's what the Girl  (that's me)  did yesterday !
It has been over a year since I made that little road trip to some stores that are larger and have greater selections than what is available nearby my home.  I'm talking about stores like Lowe's,  Big Lots, Walmart and JoAnn's.  I have found that it is not to difficult to live without those stores since Internet shopping is readily available with increasing sites available with no shipping charges.   Plus,  at my stage of life, how many things do I really need versus want??

The last few years have been quite difficult for me following many losses and unexpected events in my life.  This has meant that I have stayed a lot closer to home while I am slowly finding  my way back to a life with more Joy and Purpose and improved psychological Health!!!  Perhaps, the biggest changing factor for me has been the loss of so many (and I really mean many) close friends and four-legged "love bugs" that have departed for The Hereafter.   Even though I have lived alone for the majority of my life (for various reasons) I have found that at this stage of my life it is a lot more difficult to live day to day feeling enthusiastic, adventurous, creative and independent.

Well, anyway,      I really enjoyed my day even though I did not have a companion to travel along with me to laugh, purr or bark and share the adventure.  I visited Lowe's to buy the spray paint  that I am going to use to refurbish my very old iron patio furniture.  One Homecrest small adjustable-height table with two swivel-rocker chairs is from the 1970's and the larger table set with four chairs is from the 1980's.  I tend to always take the best care I can of my things/possessions and the patio furniture is in great condition.  A good spray coat of premium paint and it all should look sparkly brand new.   I managed to find a few other things that have been on my shopping list for quite awhile.

Then, I stopped in at Applebee's Restaurant for a small lunch of Fish and Chips with cole slaw.  It was nicely prepared and very good.

Then, off to Walmart for some paper products, cleaning supplies and a few miscellaneous items that have been on another list for quite some time.  And much to my SURPRISE, the 27,000 square foot expansion and newly remodeled Supercenter had celebrated it's grand opening in June.
This is the local store at the beginning of the store expansion one year ago.

The large grocery department looked very nice from a distance as I knew I was too tired to peruse the whole store I will have to check out the produce next time.


Later in the day I prepared some simple food for my neighbor and a couple of his workers in appreciation for all the many times he takes my yard/garden rubbish to the local dump.
I fixed some Mixed Beans with Ground Beef  (now , that's simple !)  with some garlic sourdough toast.  And, then to add the necessary "sweet stuff" I baked some Fudge Molten Lava Brownies.

The fellows were very happy with my little surprise for them.
That's a Splatter Guard that I am trying in an effort to not have so much grease to clean up on the stovetop.  I think I will like it.  Time will tell.  Very inexpensive.

Wishing all of you a Good Weekend and let's send positive thoughts/energy and prayers for all those impacted by Hurricane Harvey in the Texas region.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009