Wednesday, August 30, 2017

What's She Up To Now?

This and some of That.   Lots of projects always await me.  When I am in the mood they slowly get done.   First of all  -  because I was able to buy some supplies at Lowe's a few days ago ,  I decided I could work on what I now call "Water Central".
When I moved here, there were only two faucets on this fifth of an acre piece of property.  One on each side of the house.  So years ago I fashioned a way to have access to water via garden hoses to the outer parameters of the property buy using a rigid 3 inch water drainage pipe under the sidewalk. I used a water pressure nozzle attached to a regular hose to channel through the dirt under the sidewalk .  As much as I dislike dragging hoses around I have gotten quite accustomed to it.  As you can see in the above photo I have channeled the hoses under the pre-existing sidewalk.   OH! Please note all the rock that has been placed against the house when I have dug holes to place plants throughout the gardens.

This "Water Central" is across the side walk by my little Garden Shed .

And ,  the hoses cross under the sidewalk and around the back of the garden shed.  I am digging a trench for the drainage pipe and then covering with dirt.  This is clearly "a poor man's solution" to an annoying problem. Now , I will be running the hoses through the newly purchased flexible drainage pipe around  the shed .
I would like to cover the small area behind the shed with some cement pavers.  That 8 foot by 12 foot space is where I can store trash barrels and other garden equipment.  Living on a corner lot that has limited privacy has restrictions when it comes to hiding "unsightly stuff".  The area on the far left of the shed is where I have been dumping some of the yard waste.  The ground steeply slopes down to the Creek "ditch".  And, on that side of the shed, I would like to raise the ground level and plant some flowers along the garden shed .

If expenses were not an issue, there is so much that could be done with this little piece of property such as terracing down the steep slope to the Creek.  And, of course an efficient automated sprinkling system.  Can you imagine the trenching activity/expense with all the large amount of rock of varying sizes when putting in an underground sprinkling system.  All of my close neighbors have great systems and they have been very high dollar expenditures!


My new favorite Spray Paint is Rust-oleum Universal Forged Hammered Paint and Primer In One in the color Burnished Amber.  And, this is the paint that I am using to spray my patio furniture.


And, today I spray painted one of the chairs.  The paint really sprays on nicely. And, dries in 30 minutes .  It costs a little more than the paint I have used in the past , but I think it is worth it.   I hope to do more painting tomorrow.  The weather temperatures are very high this week, over 100 degrees, but I will paint in the early morning.




I am so pleased with how the paint job is turning out .  It is great coverage and certainly a nice hammered effect .  Unfortunately, the detail is not showing in my photos .   And, the color of my cushions are not at all what it looks like in actuality .  The color is a beautiful vibrant greenish blue that I think will go nicely with the outdoor rug.   Again,  the colors are far from true.  But, I just wanted to give you an idea of my plans.
Waverly Sun 'n Shade Centro Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug, Carnival, 7'9"x10'10"
I hope to get a little painting accomplished every day until the paint project is finished .  The warm weather makes for good "painting days".  I am trying to get a lot of outdoor work finished before the weather gets too cool for some of these projects.

Hope your week is going well for you.

Mary

1 comment:

  1. You have been busy! Looking forward to seeing more project outcomes and photos of your fall gardens. It is bloody HOT down here in the southern part of the State. It is the kind of heat that just saps your energy.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009