Friday, December 8, 2017

Friday Evening


Happy Flashback !     Jolly Ol' Santa.  Eggnog, anyone ?

On Tuesday I was finally able to go to the neighborhood grocery store.  It is not one of the large chain stores but privately owned High-End Delightful Grocery with a real live butcher at the meat counter.  Even though I don't go there routinely (I wish I could) when I do go I really like it.  Fortunately, they seem to always have nice sales.   When you can't find enough ingredients in the cupboards and refrigerator to put together even the weirdest  combination for dinner it is definitely more than overdue to go to the store.  Even out of Top Ramen!  Out of Coffee and Creamer almost becomes an emergency!

Last evening I took a look at the Soggy Garage.  Since, I had the laundry sorted and in piles near the washing machine when I found the flooding on Tuesday, I quickly shoved the clothes/laundry into the water that was flooding the floor !

So, last night when I started to wash one load of clothes, my greatest fear had already started.  And, that is that the clothes were starting to mildew.  How disgusting !!  Mildew does not wash out even with heavy duty cycle.    So, that meant that several items had to be thrown away.  Just my luck!  My clothes are old but none the less I was still able to wear them.

To "add insult to injury" The light bulb at the back of the dryer burned out.  Ordinarily, no big deal.  But with a partial rotator cuff  tear in each shoulder and my back issues I can't manage to reach far enough to loosen the screw that secures the protective plate covering the light bulb against the back wall of the dryer.  Well, I guess I can work in the dark.     No Big Deal!   I think my life is becoming one big exclamation mark!

Today, I was able to finish most of the laundry.  Thank goodness.  And, also I worked in the kitchen cleaning which had been sadly neglected lately. I took several breaks throughout the day to use the heating pad on my back and leg.  It helps a little especially in this chilly weather.  Additionally, I rested on the sofa most of the afternoon.

My mood has improved and some contacts with a couple blogger friends has really helped.  I really hate to feel so stressed and lately, I have to work very hard to not let that happen.   But, I guess as I am ageing I get to feeling a little overwhelmed at times, especially since my life has become so solitary, which has become my choice.

It saddens me to see the devastation and heartache that the Southern California fires are causing.  It has been such a horrible years of forest fires.  It easily jolts me into a state of gratitude for what I have in this life.

It's like I wrote in a blog lately that life can change in the blink of an eye.  It looks like my "multi-million dollar" brother has had to evacuate his country estate. They reside a little over one mile from the edge of the Lilac Fire.  I'm praying that the Santa Ana winds calm down and the people are  able to return to life and begin reorientation of moving forward with whatever is in their future.  Bless the FireFighters and sending positive energy to everyone impacted  by the fires.  The journey back is unimaginable.







A little more Christmas Flashback .

Let's Give Thanks .

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009