Monday, December 18, 2017

Hectic Days Make For Hectic Pain And Some Whimsy

Thank goodness I have a Doctors appointment tomorrow afternoon.  He has been out of his office for two weeks!   I want to request an MRI because "things in my back" are definitely changing and not in a good way.  Since I can not take pain medication I feel we certainly need to know the current pathology of my back before selecting a treatment plan.

Presently, I have more stress than usual because I am still working on issues of important decisions that affect my life, mostly financial.  I do not think changing supplemental medical insurance plans should be so difficult and confusing.  Even though I am using the same carrier the process has been long and detailed with thorough inquiry of each answer on the application.   I am thankful I have not had any major medical issues in the last two years.  Previous medical conditions seem to be a huge issue!  I expect to receive all the policy documents today.  That's one more item I can mark off my  "to do list".

I am so tired of reading "fine print" in preparation of making current decisions which are necessary.  Also there is added difficulty with making all these decisions on my own without input from a trusted person.   These are just a couple areas I am working on.  For the most part everything is going well but these are very important decisions and it causes me a lot of stress and my pain level is getting near to unbearable .
Let's go in another direction.  My doctor has suggested that I have a glass of red wine in the evening for medical reasons not psychological.  Well,  I have never been much of a drinker and don't enjoy sitting alone with "my wine".  This subject took me in another direction. It's just a little Flashback.

This is an interesting piece of furniture in my home that I have enjoyed using in the past.
No longer is it stocked.  But, I think this type of bottles and glassware are very pretty.
 I enjoy the uniqueness and beauty of this piece of furniture and have never seen another one like it.  About seven years ago I bought it from Ebay.  At that time I was able to find several pieces that were very affordable even with shipping expenses.

Oh, I must show you this unusual plant stand.  It has beautiful hand carving from a tree log.  The detail is remarkable.  The skirt is separate from the base. What Craftsmanship!  I believe it is one of a kind.
 It certainly has been a fun conversation piece.  The delivery man said that it sure got a lot of attention at the warehouse!    And look at the detail on the shoes.  I truly love WHIMSY. 
Happy Holidays

Have a Great Day

Mary

1 comment:

  1. I will be sending you lots of positive energy and best wishes for a successful visit to the doctor today. I understand about the frustration of dealing with medical choices and selections. Steve turned 65 this year. I love your furniture pictures. You have some lovely things. And thanks for the great-grandies photo. I sure do miss having little ones in my life!!

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009