Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Lily's Christmas Flashback 2009 And Health Update

My little love bug, Lily went to see Santa when she was four years old.  Her eyes are big because the room was filled with all sizes of dogs and there was even a miniature horse.  I miss Lily so much but it is great having the memories of lots of fun and lots of love she always gave. 
My goings out and about is very little this Holiday season primarily because of my continuous back and leg pain.  I saw the doctor today and he ordered the MRI as I requested.  But questioned if the insurance will authorize the test prior to me receiving Physical Therapy first.  I have never been refused any diagnostics in the past.  So, let's hope that I can get the MRI before the end of the year prior to my new insurance plan starting.  The new plan may have different requirements for authorization.

Additionally, at my request, the doctor prescribed an anti-inflammatory medication.  The prescribed strength is higher than what I can get "over the counter".  I  was on the medication for many years in the past and it was effective.  They warn about taking it for a long time because of  the possibility of kidney and liver damage.  I have been lucky because my lab reports have always been within normal limits.  Be assured I will be sure to follow the lab work carefully.  The doctor was very thorough in examining me in regards to the extent of my pain.  My next doctor appointment is in a month.

I can hardly tell you how much , at a time like this,  I value my medical background as a Nurse.  And, also my experience  (out of necessity)  in having to fight  negotiate my own battles.  I may really need both of those strengths in the near future in order to receive the appropriate medical care.

I hope all of you are enjoying Holiday Festivities.


MEMORIES
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009