Saturday, September 8, 2018

Moving About Like A Wirlwind

I have been getting a lot of hard work done this week and it sure makes me happy .

With a house that has a large canopy of trees above it like mine , there is a lot of moss and mildew that builds up on the cement patio and sidewalk around the house .  So, today I did some power washing . It has been a few years since I have done it .  It is hard work and I can only do it for a couple hours at a time .  I don't expect to finish all of it this year . But, it is important to do as much as I can  because it can get very slippery in the winter time as well as it looks terrible when it is so dirty .
My car has been so dirty for so long that I was feeling embarrassed to drive it.  Taking it to the drive through car wash (touchless because of canvas top) was not doing much more than putting a hose to it.  It was time to get out the heavy duty brush and get to it .  I had forgotten how nice it would look .  And, I really like to have a nice clean car .  The car is 20 years old and drives like a new car .  It has never required expensive repair work and it is fairly low mileage .  However, there are many small issues that are starting to need attention .  But, that is a lot better than having to replace the car . I am thankful and besides that, it is also a lot of fun to drive !
There has been an area in the garden that has been almost shouting at me .  And that is because I had not been able to get 6 plants in the ground that I purchased the first week of July .  So last evening I was determined to get them planted .  I was pleasantly surprised because the ground did not have the usual amount of stones because other plants had been planted there in the past . Unfortunately , I have not been able to find anyone to help in the garden and/or a handyman .
I am very pleased with how the plants look .  And, once they fill out and get bigger I think the texture of the wispy blades of the grass will be a nice contrast with the harshness of the rock .  In the forefront you can see the chrysanthemum beginning to put out some color on the other side of the pathway .
What a contrast from two and a half years ago ?
And, finally, I have forced myself to tackle some DEEP house cleaning!  Hard work but it will be worth it . I will have more time when the garden doesn't need as much attention .
Hope you are having an Enjoyable Weekend .
Mary

1 comment:

  1. Your garden has definitely filled in over the last few years. It looks great. We replaced a few things yesterday in our front courtyard area. Steve took out a lantana which has not been growing properly for some reason. And I removed some vines on 2 trellises (trelli??) and replaced them with jasmine vines. I also transplanted some impatiens which had propagated in the wrong place and put them into a pot. I hope they make it! Good luck with the housecleaning. It is never ending, huh? Take care dear friend!

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009