Monday, September 17, 2018

Unexpected Visitor

Much to my surprise - - - THE DEER have come inside my fencing to explore and eat a little of this and that along the way ! I don't know how they breached the fencing.  I have checked the fence line and don't see any opening where they could enter. I guess they possibly jumped it and that would be a first .
(google source)
It was just a few days ago that I noticed some deer footprints nears the house and thought it was unusual and curious .  And, then three days ago I noticed the tomato plants which are at the other end of the property had been nibbled on .
I am very happy that the one and only near ripe Heirloom Cherokee Purple Tomato was spared . Yes, I picked it knowing the deer had already nibbled the stems at the top .  I hope the others get a chance to ripen .
And, this morning another plant was (hopefully) enjoyed by the deer last night.
It is such a nice blessing that this event is happening at the end of the season .  I have had enough great tasting tomatoes for some excellent tomato sandwiches and delicious tomatoes to add to my salads .
I think I will put some bird netting over the top of the tomato cages to deter further loss of the tomatoes since it appears as though this location in on their midnight route .
My Precious Ivy.
This is the first time that she has slept in this part of her Cat Condo.  The top is where she usually hangs out .  This was taken with a flash because the room was almost dark .  Ivy is still growing in her trust of me .  By no means is she a lap sitter but she will let me hold her and talk to her for a short time and then she wants down .  However, for the last few days she has been sitting at my feet and trying to tell me something .  So, I moved my computer/table over to the sofa and sat there and before long she jumped up and lay down beside me and went to sleep .  I was so happy because that was a first .  And, then last night she jumped up and sat on some papers I was working with and I tried to move her gently and that was not to her liking and she jumped down .  It is great that she is still progressing in her comfort level with me .

Take Care Everyone.

Mary

1 comment:

  1. My very first memory-I was about 2 years old-is of deer eating the mulberry bushes outside my bedroom window. So interesting to see deer, but oh the damage they can do to a garden. I love the photo of sweet Miss Ivy. She looks like she was observing her domain and just fell asleep. How wonderful she is becoming more and more trusting of you.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009